- Putting beads on babies to check for weight gain
- Combing hair regularly for hair growth
- Massaging baby regularly with shea butter for weight gain
- Turning navel till it falls in place
- Massaging baby’s head with warm water to shape the head
- Baby crying in sleep means he’s fighting with forces and smiling means he’s seeing angels
- Never talk about a baby’s weight gain or eating habits, otherwise it reverses.
- You should always receive a baby from the front, when receiving him from someone else. When there is no other way to receive baby, but from his back, one must say “wagye w’akyi a enk)” which means “when ‘they’ call or take you back don’t go.” This is to explain to the baby that he/she has come to stay and shouldn’t go back to where he/she is from.
- Put a thread from the baby’s clothing on the baby’s head to stop hiccups.
Among many others…..